Location: Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Date: October 2016
Give me 30 seconds:
- #InstaxHackNYC: A collaborative event hosted by FujiFilm Instax North America and Museum Hack for a curated group of creatives to capture the most creative and inspiring moments with their Instax Mini 70.
- There is absolutely no flash photography allowed in the MET, so get ready to be scolded continually if you use flash. But side note, they technically can't kick you out.
- Museum Hack is one of the most interesting and interactive ways to learn about unique art pieces led by young, hip and ultra fun art enthusiasts ie engaging storytellers.
- Wear comfortable shoes since the tours are usually between 2-3 hours long.
- Great ready to learn so many interesting facts on pieces of art you never knew existed!
- If you can, do the evening VIP tours. They include wine (yay!) and a fun scavenger hunt! I've also done the 'Badass Bitches of the MET' tour and that one is also amazing!
- Stay with your guide. If you linger to take too many photos and stray from the group, you could get lost and never find the group again!
- During the Summer, some of the Museum Hack tours end up with wine on the roof of the MET which boasts spectacular views of Central Park which is not to be missed.
- Museum Hack is the perfect activity for a group of friends, team bonding, date night etc. View the NYC schedule here.
- The Instax Mini 70 is a perfect little instant gratification camera with a new selfie function that is ideal for the perfect nude sculpture selfie!
Museum Hack is definitely not your grandmothers museum tour so be prepared for sex jokes, occasional curse words and plenty of laughs but all in good educational fun! #InstaxHackNYC was one of the most unique and fun evenings I have been to in a while, not to mention I learned a ton! (I'm already bragging about my newfound knowledge to my fancy art friends) Upon arrival into the Great Hall, all of the guests were greeted with a cobalt lightweight Baguu recyclable bag which included: The new Instax Mini 70, extra film, a custom Denik notebook, a Gigi New York business card holder and a pair of comfortable foldable Yosi Samra flats. A perfectly curated little gift bag for all items needed on this tour. We were given instructions on how to use the new "selfie function" that includes a little mirror on the front of the camera for you to see how centered you are for your print. The guests took selfies which were used as name tags for the night, which I must say, was one of the most unique type of name tag I have ever had. Now I wish I had made mine just a little bit more goofy, but hey, thats what all the extra film is for!
Our guides Bex and Kevin were hysterical, taking us throughout the museum stopping in different wings and pointing out unique pieces and giving us insider tidbits on specific pieces. I guarantee you will impress your friends when you bring them into the museum and act like you had all this prior knowledge on specific pieces of art!
We spent time snapping Instax shots, capturing moments, gramming, snapping, learning, sipping wine, pretending to steal things and searching for things such as "Best Butt" and "3 spankings" somewhere in the MET; and just like that, 3 hours had passed and our tour had come to an end. Art is what you make of it, how you understand it and and enjoy it and the Museum Hack tours (and guides!) always keep those core principles at the heart of everything.
Note to you all: Grab the new Instax Mini 70 and sign up for a museum hack tour. You won't regret it, I promise you!
As always, go JETSETAWAY!